Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the survival rate of the transfer process? Does distance play a role?
You can expect a survival rate of 95% or greater when a proper aftercare program is in place. Distance does not play a role in survivability when all precautions are taken to ensure bare roots stay moist in transit.
- Can I buy/sell/relocate a tree during the winter months?
Yes, however if the ground is frozen, the removal and relocation process will be delayed until the ground has thawed.
- I was about to have my tree cut down; isn’t it a no-brainer to sell it here instead? What’s the catch?
We’d like to think of it as a no-brainer! Unfortunately, not all trees and shrubs that are submitted will qualify. We are currently only seeking healthy, large specimen trees that are easily accessible, structurally sound, have a trunk diameter between 3-14”, and 85% or greater tree health. Unique styling is a bonus.
- I’d like to relocate a tree to a different area on the same property – what fees will I be responsible for?
When relocating a tree, there will be a fee for the Transplanting services as well as a transaction/administration fee based on the appraised value of the tree. Transaction fees range from 20-30% depending on appraised value.
- Is the price listed on the website the amount I will be receiving for my tree? Do I (as the seller) pay any fees?
At this time, prices will not be listed on our site. The seller payout will include the appraised value, less the transaction fee. A listing agreement will be provided to the seller with these details(Add link for our transaction schedule)